Sun, Aug 13|
Location is TBD
The Heart of a Brave Girl
Brave Girl is inviting you to an unforgettable experience of self-discovery, empowerment, and courage through a mother-daughter writing retreat! This retreat is designed for mothers and daughters to connect, reflect, and grow together through writing.
Time & Location
Aug 13, 3:00 PM CDT – Aug 14, 5:00 PM CDT
Location is TBD
About the Event
Join us for "The Heart of a Brave Girl" mother-daughter writing retreat, where we will explore healthy self-expression through courage, love, mercy, justice, and humility. This retreat is designed for mothers and daughters to connect, reflect, and grow together through writing.
Our time together will focus on three aspects of self-discovery through writing:
- Getting to Know: Sunday afternoon and evening will be focused on relationship building among the group, among mothers and daughters, and with yourself as we journal, reflect, discuss, and simply get to know one another better.
- Peaks & Valleys: Monday morning will be focused on exploring the challenges and achievements throughout your life to begin seeing patterns and themes that make you unique while also relatable to others in the group.
- Lyrical Outburst: Monday afternoon will be focused on developing your chapter as a mother-daughter pair centered in one of five themes designated as a core pillar in The Heart of a Brave Girl: Mercy, Justice, Humility, Love, Courage.
Logistics on transportation, lodging, meals, and more will be discussed during a preparation session on Zoom.
In addition to the retreat, mothers and daughters are invited to 6 writing workshops via Zoom on Monday evenings that lead us up to the in-person workshop in Minnesota. The dates and themes for the writing workshops include:
- July 3: Who are you as an author and why do you like to write?
- July 10: Exploring yourself and your life through poetry.
- July 17: Learning to express yourself through song lyrics and scripts.
- July 24: Collecting and crafting memorable quotes, lyrics, and verses.
- July 31: Figuring out if you like to write about yourself or a character you create.
- August 7: Who do you hope to inspire as an author by telling your story?
All pre-retreat writing workshops will be hosted from 7:00-8:15pm Central (Minnesota time).
Author's RetreatPay what you want+Service fee